In an attempt to support continuing education and lifelong learning, the Oliver Wolcott Library
has agreed to act as proctors for distance learning students and other students who may need to
have a test or exam proctored. The Oliver Wolcott Library will provide this service under the
- The student agrees to pay a fee of $25.00 for this service. The fee must be paid before the
exam is administered or collected. The Library will administer and collect the exam only
after all fees are paid.
- Any library staff member available must be acceptable as the proctor when the students
choose to take the exam.
- The Library agrees to receive the exam. When contacted by the student, the Library will
arrange a time for the exam to be taken.
- Students need to present current photo ID. Name on ID must match the name on the test
the student is registered to take.
- The student must not require supervision while taking the exam. The Library is unable to
provide one-on-one monitoring of students.
- The student must understand and be aware that the library environment and noise level
will vary. The Library is unable to determine or predict the actual noise level at any given
time or day.
- The student must understand that they can only utilize the areas of the library that are
open to the public to take the exam. The Library does not provide any special rooms for
students to take exams.
- If the exam is to be taken online, then the student agrees to our Public Access Policy
except that we will expand the time limit to two and half hours. Students may use their
own laptop computers to access our wireless network. Personal computers have no time
limit for usage and are recommended for exams that students expect to take longer than
two hours to complete.
- The library staff will hand out the exam, collect it when completed, and mail or fax it
back to the appropriate educational institution.
- The student or the institution giving the test need to provide a return envelope with paid
postage. The Library cannot arrange for UPS or FedEx pick-up.
- The Library will fax the exam for no additional costs.
Policy on Proctoring