OWL is currently only offering virtual Book-a-Tech sessions due to COVID restrictions
The Book-a-Tech sessions are tailored to meet the technology needs of the individual. Our Technology Coordinator will
give undivided attention to patrons who want in-depth technical assistance on topics such as starting an email
account, browsing the library’s catalog, downloading e-books and audiobooks, searching the Internet, using
online resources through the library’s website, or other computer basics.
Please contact us to set up your Book-a-Tech Appointment by calling (860) 567-8030 or email us at [email protected]. Sessions are usually scheduled from Monday through Friday and typically last 30 minutes.
Please note: We will do our best to honor your Book-a-Tech request. However, due to staff expertise and
availability, we can not guarantee your time or topic. We appreciate your understanding.
Typical requests include:
- Learn to download eBooks to your digital device.
- Get more from the Library’s catalog or databases.
- Learning your new device from laptops, tablets and smartphones.
Some things we are unable to help with:
- We do not provide medical, legal or business advice or opinions.
- We cannot type or proofread your documents.
- We do not offer major technical support or detailed troubleshooting.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who is eligible to make an appointment?
This is service is available to all residents and taxpayers of Litchfield, Bantam, and Northfield, as well as all Oliver Wolcott Library patrons and friends.
- Who do I contact?
Contact OWL by calling 860-567-8030 or email [email protected]
- Who will be helping me?
Our Technology Coordinator, Ted Moy
- How long will the appointment be?
Each appointment will last approximately 30 minutes.
- I need to cancel my appointment.
Please call 860-567-8030 or email us at [email protected] as soon as you can to cancel an