COVID-19 Vaccination Information
The Oliver Wolcott Library is here to help you find information about COVID-19 vaccine. Please note that librarians and library staff are not qualified to answer any COVID-19 questions but we are able to assist you in finding the information and resources you need to make informed decisions.
Please be aware that this is strictly informational. If you have any questions, please call your local healthcare provider, the local health department; the local COVID-19 hotline at (883) 250-7633; view the Charlotte Hungerford/HHC website, or the 211 hotline.
We understand securing an appointment can be challenging as many sites that are inked from reliable sources are not scheduling currently. It may be necessary to visit several sites, or check back with the ones you've already visited, to get updated availability information.
We hope that the resources below will assist you.
- Charlotte Hungerford Hospital/Hospital/Hartford Healthcare - to help you navigate through the COVID-19 vaccination process. https://hartfordhealthcare.org/health-wellness/coronavirus/vaccine https://charlottehungerford.org/. There is a wealth of information on these pages to help you understand eligibility, vaccination facts, what to expect when getting and after vaccination, how to volunteer to assist, and much more.
- Hartford HealthCare - If you have a MyChartPLUS account already, simply log in, go to "Visits" or "Appointments" and find a Hartford HealthCare vaccine clinic that is convenient for you. The location in Torrington is at 153 South Main St (State Armory). If you do NOT have a MyChartPLUS account, you can set one up on the MyChartPLUS website (instructions below). If you have any issues, the MyChart support line can be reached by calling (860) 972-4993. Alternatively, if you need help making an appointment, you can schedule by phone - call the Hartford HealthCare Access Center at (860) 827-7690 or toll-free at (833) 943-5721.
- CT Department of Public Health - Go to https://dphsubmissions.ct.gov/OnlineVaccine and fill out a form to register with the Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS). You will need to enter your full name, date of birth, zip code, and email address. Once registered, VAMS will email you to guide you through the appointment process for receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. For those without internet access or who have barriers that prevent them from using self-scheduling options, you can call the COVID Vaccine Appointment Assistance Line at (877) 918-2224 or 7-1-1 for deaf and hard of hearing. The line will take calls 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and offers a call-back option.
- Torrington Area Health District - To register visit the website at https://www.tahd.org and click on and complete the COVID-19 Vaccination Survey. Within 24-48 hours, you will receive an email from CDC.GOV/VAMS with instructions to provide required medical information and select a vaccination appointment, including all clinic locations offered by the Torrington Area Health District.
- Walgreens - Sign into your Walgreens account at www.walgreens.com, complete a screening and if deemed eligible, choose a location and time for a vaccination appointment. If you do not have an account, it is easy to create an account on the Walgreens website. Please be advised, there are limited dosages on a daily basis (<20 per day, per location). Nearby Walgreens locations include 331 West St. in Litchfield, 28 E. Elm St. in Torrington, or 76 Main St. in Canaan.
To Register for a NEW MyChartPLUS Account WITHOUT an Activation Code
- An activation code is required for registration. Click here to register for an activation code.
- Once you receive an activation code via email, you can set-up your account via the web or through the app.
- Once your account is set-up, go to "Visits" or "Appointments" and find a Hartford HealthCare vaccine clinic that is convenient for you.
Eligible Individuals WITHOUT an Email Address
Schedule on the phone by calling the CT COVID Vaccine Appointment Assist Line at (877) 918-2224. The line will take calls Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and will offer a call-back option when all contact specialists are busy serving other callers. The team will aim to return calls as soon as possible, with the goal of same-day response.